| Job Location:
| Job Type:
||Government Job; Any State License
Open Need for Primary Care Physician in Texas Big Spring Texas -
Start Date: ASAP – Ongoing
Credentials Needed for Submittal
Copy of Texas License
List of Any Malpractice Claims
3 Current References
Description of Responsibilities
• The contractor will be responsible for the management of Inmates
• Provide a wide range of emergency services, including primary care for trauma and life saving procedures.
• Performing minor surgical procedures such as: Incision and drainage; suturing of lacerations; removal of cysts; and removal/ repair of ingrown toe nails.
• Prescribes medications and treatment for illnesses. Prior to dispensing, must call attention to any synergistic, antagonistic and cumulative effects of the medications prescribed.
• Serves as the primary provider for routine requests for evaluation of new complaints, for routine recurring visits for chronic illness, and emergencies when clinically indicated.
Establishes diagnostic impressions and requests appropriate (e.g. laboratory, x-ray, visual acuity and electrocardiogram) and ability to interpret results and selected laboratory findings to include the following:
• Clinical Laboratory- urinalysis, complete blood counts, staining and examination of smears for bacteria, blood, glucose, audio hearing tests.
• Radiology – Preliminary interpretation of radiographs to identify gross abnormalities such as fractures etc.
• Optometry- Screening for distance and near vision by use of charts and visual screening machines
• Electrocardiograph Operations- Operates electrocardiograph machine and has basic concepts of interpretation of the tracing to detect abnormalities.
• Dental- able to perform screening dental examinations, charting and recognizing gross abnormalities of the gum and teeth by means of percussion and palpitation and interpretation fo dental radiographs.
• Mental Health- Capable of screening for gross mood change disoriented patterns of behavior, or speech. Takes brief psychiatric, drug, and alcohol, abuse history. General knowledge to identify a particular mental disorder such as depression or anxiety and provides emergency treatment and care.
TO SEARCH RESULTS